(This was the actual menu used for our last cruise in 2007
which included a Vegan, hence the vegetarian dishes included. We also had a
guest who disliked Pork and another guest who was diabetic. We always take personal
dietary requirements and strong likes and dislikes into account when we make
up the menu for a particular cruise making sure alternatives are available if
one guest can not eat a particular item.)
- Starter. Honeydew melon.
- Main Course. Steak au poiure, (fresh steak served in a cream & brandy
sauce), with baked potatoes, cauliflower & almonds and boiled French
- Sweets. Spotted Dick, (we specialise in traditional
steamed puddings which are freshly prepared, they are not bought in a tin,)
with custard or fresh fruit salad with cream.
- Ratatouille, (a French vegetable stew,) with courgette & cheese
bread, (freshly baked that morning on the boats.)
- Sticky ginger cake or fresh fruit.
- Starter. Vegetables in beer batter with mint yogurt dip.
- Main Course. Vegetarian crumble with Spanish spinach and boiled Savoy cabbage.
- Sweets. Pears in spiced sponge with custard or
blackberry bread pudding with cream. (The blackberries were picked on the
towpath a couple of weeks before and stored in our freezer.)
- Savory rice.
- Flapjack or fresh fruit.
- Starter. Peppers stuffed with cheese and apple.
- Main Course. Steak & kidney pudding, (cooked that day on the boat
from raw steak & kidney, nothing shop purchased and just reheated for
our guests), or leek casserole & baked potatoes with French beans
in hazelnut butter and boiled carrots.
- Sweets. Pineapple upside down pudding with pineapple sauce or lemon milk
jelly, (served molded into fancy shapes), with cream.
- Welsh Rarebit.
( Not just cheese on bread, but a special recipe from Wales using mustard,
- Bara Brith, (a current loaf from Wales made
by marinating the dried fruit in cold tea overnight,) or fresh fruit.
- Starter. Pea & ginger soup with fresh bread rolls. (Again the rolls
will be cooked on the boat that afternoon.)
- Main Course. Chinese-style fried pork & brown rice or vegetable stir
fried rice and boiled cauliflower.
- Sweets. Bread & butter pudding with golden syrup or pot
au chocolate, (a rich chocolate mouse.) with cream.
- Ploughman's lunch.
- Chocolate Brownies or fresh fruit.
- Starter.Mushroom pate with toast. ( All the
pate's we serve are cooked fresh on the boat.)
- Main Course. Nut rissoles with potato anna, buttered crumb broad beans and
- Sweets. Orange suet pudding with syrup sauce or sherry trifle.
- Baked potatoes filled with freshly made beef chilli or cheese.
- Lemon Shortbread.
- Starter. Carrot & orange soup with garlic
& herb bread. (The soups are also made from fresh ingredients they
do not come out of packets as in many hotels. )
- Main Course. Chicken stuffed with cheese, and
wrapped in bacon, (once again we do not buy these in ready to be mirowaved
from the freezer, but make them up ready that morning combing the chicken
with the cheese and bacon plus mustard etc and storing in the fridge ready
to cook that evening.) With rosemary sautéed potatoes, mashed parsnips
and sautéed leek & celery mix.
- Sweets. Baked jam sponge with custard or honey baked custard.
- This menu does not include breakfast because as well as cereals to start,
toast, coffee, tea we also give you a choice of a wide variety of cooked breakfast
for you to choose from each morning.
- All the cakes served at lunch are baked on the boat that day.
- Before dinner we serve up nuts and cheesey biscuits and a glass of fruit
juice, we have a licensed bar if you would like to purchase a sherry or a
gin and tonic instead of the fruit juice.
- A glass of wine, beer, larger or cider is included with your dinner while
soft drinks are always available.
- We offer two sweets every night you are always welcome to have some of both,
if you still have room. If you can not eat either of the sweets then there
is a bowl of fresh fruit to choose from.
- We finish dinner with a selection of cheese and biscuits before serving
fresh coffee or tea, (we carry a number of specially teas aboard.)
The bar is always open if you want a glass of brandy, port or malt whiskey
If you have any questions then do ring us on 07977 229103
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org